Coronavirus Response Information
As we have since March 2020 Natomas Charter School continues to follow the latest public health guidance from Sacramento County Public Health (SCPH) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). Keeping our community healthy requires all of us working together. This page is continuously updated and our primary means of sharing COVID information with our community. If you have any questions please reach out to your academy administrator.
For the 2023-24 school year our COVID reporting protocols and procedures are aligning with our reporting processes for any other communicable illnesses.
COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
The latest NCS COVID-19 Response Plan can be found by following the link below. This plan reflects the latest county and state public health requirements and NCS Board Policy 0470 - Health and Safety Policy for COVID-19. Natomas Charter School collaborates with Natomas USD, Westlake Charter School, and NP3 Charter School to ensure we have alignment between processes and procedures.
We do request that students, families, and staff report a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19. Please follow the steps listed below based on your relationship to Natomas Charter School.
- Students: If you have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 please share that information as you report your absence through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you need assistance accessing this portal please contact the office for your student's academy. A member of our health team will reach out if we need any additional follow up information
Staff: If you have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 please share that information with your supervisor and report your absence through the Frontline/Aesop Absence Management System. A member of our health team will reach out if we need any additional follow up information and to establish you return to work timeline.
CURRENT RETURN TO CAMPUS PROTOCOLS
In alignment with the latest CDPH COVID-19 guidance, individuals with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 may return to school 5 days after testing positive or the onset of symptoms if there has been no fever for 24 hours and symptoms have improved. While testing is encouraged it is not required to return to campus. Individuals are also encouraged to wear a mask for 5 days upon returning to campus.
In the event a parent, student, or staff member suspects they may have COVID, we encourage you to contact your primary care physician for medical treatment. Natomas Charter School provides rapid antigen testing resources for families, students, and staff.
- At-Home Test Kits: Available by contacting the Front Office on each campus.
- Symptomatic Response Testing: Available through our Health Clerk and school nurse for individuals with symptoms who are on campus.
- Natomas USD Ed Center Testing: All NCS students and staff may test through the Natomas Unified School District.Click here for more information regarding testing resources available at the NUSD Education Center.
We encourage all eligible students, staff, and families to get vaccinated as soon as possible. By getting vaccinated you help to protect those in our community who are at increased risk, ensure we have a safe and healthy campus, limit learning disruptions for students, and reduce your own risk of having a significant illness.
- Natomas USD Community Vaccination Clinic
- Sacramento County Public Health COVID Vaccination Resources
- California My Turn
COVID-19 DIGITAL DASHBOARD
On June 9, 2023 the NCS COVID Dashboard was retired. This is in alignment with retirement of the Natomas USD COVID Dashboard and Sacramento County Public Health, which also removed the Sacramento County COVID Dashboard in March 2023. NCS will continue to track and record employee COVID cases in alignment with Cal OSHA COVID-19 Non-Emergency Regulations. These records will be kept confidential unless disclosure is required or permitted by law.