NCS Lottery Policy
NATOMAS CHARTER SCHOOL LOTTERY POLICY
When a charter school receives more applications than available spots, the school must annually hold a public lottery. Our schools lottery policy and procedures is described below. The complete Natomas Charter School Lottery Policy can be in Element 8 (pg. 39-42) of our 2022-2029 charter.
NCS LOTTERY PREFERENCES
Each public random drawing shall be conducted in stages in accordance with the following preferences in the priority order listed below. These preferences are authorized in accordance with applicable law. Participation in each priority is voluntary.
- Priority 1: Children of NCS Full-Time Employees and/or current Board of Directors.
- Priority 2: Applicants for the Performing and Fine Arts Academy who score in the top 15% of the artistic interest audition criteria.
- Priority 3: Siblings of students who currently attend the academy to which the applicant is applying.
- Priority 4: Siblings of students who currently attend a NCS academy other than the one to which the applicant is applying and students continuously enrolled in NCS for a full year since September 1st in an NCS academy other than the academy for which the applicant applied.
- Priority 5: Children who meet the definition of Unduplicated Count Pupils as defined by Education Code Sections 2574(b)(2) and 42238.02(b)(1) – students classified as an English learner, eligible for a free or reduced-price meal through the National School Lunch Program, or are a foster youth.
- Priority 6: Students on the waitlist from the previous year for the same academy for which the applicant applied.
- Priority 7: All other applicants residing within the District.
- Priority 8: All other out-of-District applicants.