Natomas Charter School is founded on the principle of supporting every student in achieving post-secondary success. The college admissions process is built around the idea of demonstrating each applicant is ready to take on college-level work. All of our high school graduates are provided the coursework, experiences, and coaching to pursue their college and career goals.
Our school is designed so that every student is prepared to for their post-secondary pathway whether that be college, military/community service, or entering a trade pathway.
- Coursework - Natomas Charter School provides rigorous college-prep high school course sequence which allows our students to have some of the most competitive college applications in the region.
- UC/CSU A-G Coursework - All NCS students have the opportunity graduate "a-g" eligible with coursework that is aligned with the University of California's "a-g" standards.
- Dual Enrollment - All NCS students have the option of taking free college courses while enrolled in high school through a dual enrollment partnership with American River College. Successful completion of a college class during high school is the "gold standard" for demonstrating college readiness, above completion of an Advanced Placement (AP) course or test (read more about dual enrollment here). Currently, Natomas Charter School students can take college level classes including English, Statistics, Psychology, and Sociology with the support of a Natomas Charter School staff member.
- CTE Pathway - All PFAA high school students can complete an Arts, Media, and Entertainment CTE Pathway with a focused arts sequence in dance, music, theater arts, and visual arts.
- Experiences - Our college and career counselors ensure every student can access college admissions assessments, such as the SAT, ACT, and Advanced Placement (AP) exams. Students have the opportunity to meet with college staff (virtually and/or in-person) through college visits to campus and tours.
- Coaching - Natomas Charter School has a college and career counseling team who provides coaching and support to students throughout the college application process. Starting in 9th and 10th grade this team helps each student identify their post-secondary interests and potential colleges and universities. In 11th and 12th grade this team provides support for complete college applications and identifying scholarships.
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
Natomas Charter School students stand out during the college application process as they have a unique experience where academics, arts, and personal passions can be simultaneously pursued. This allows each student to tell their unique story resulting in a history of strong college admissions for NCS graduates.
As a small school, our students receive individualized, dedicated support throughout the college admissions process. Our students are admitted to some of the most selective public and private universities in the United States. Click here to see a list of Colleges and Universities Recently Attended by NCS Graduates.
Natomas Charter School measures college attainment in three key areas - College Preparedness, Admissions, and College Success.
College Preparedness (3-Year Averages)
Admissions (3-Year Averages)
|Class||UC A-G Eligible||College Credit||CTE Pathway|
NCS students demonstrate a high degree of college success once they enter college. Based on data released by the National School Clearinghouse and the California Department of Education for the graduating classes over the past three years:
- 84% of our students enter college immediately following high school;
- 87% of our students enroll in the first year following high school;
- 81% return for their second year of college.
This is one of the highest college enrollment, persistence, and success rates for high schools in the Sacramento region.
NCS IN THE NEWS
Natomas Charter School's strong reputation for helping students achieve post-secondary success has been featured in the news over the past few years. If you have trouble accessing these articles please contact our Student Services Team at 916-928-5353 ext. 1023.
- Sacramento Bee: " These Sacramento public high schools send the most students to college. See where yours lands" (02/06/23) - NCS was recognized in Sacramento Bee dataset for having one of the highest UC admissions rates in the Sacramento region for the latest years of college admissions data.
- Sacramento Bee: "Sacramento-area high schools with the best track records for UC admissions" (10/21/21) - NCS was featured in a dataset regarding UC admissions, ranking #8 out of all high schools in the region, #5 out of all public high schools in the region, and #1 for Natomas high schools.
- California Colleges: First Gen Journeys - NCS was featured in a story about one of our recent graduates by the California Colleges as a supportive learning environment.
- Sacramento Bee: "Which high school grads go to college? These Sacramento schools send the most students" (09/17/19) - NCS was featured in a dataset regarding which high schools in the region send the most students to college. NCS was identified #2 in Sacramento for UC admissions and #7 for college admissions overall.