Welcome to the Social/Emotional Counseling Department at Natomas Charter School where we are dedicated to helping students define and achieve their personal goals and develop important social skills as they progress through school and into adulthood. These skills are achieved in collaboration with faculty, administrators, parents, and community resources.
In addition to referral assistance, crisis intervention and peer mediation, individual and small group guidance counseling addresses topics such as:
- Understanding yourself as an individual while learning to respect the rights of others
- Peacefully resolving differences or conflicts
- Character development and communicating effectively
- Defining your interests, talents, and abilities and demonstrating these qualities in a positive manner
- Making healthy and safe decisions
- Stress and anger management
- Grief and loss
- Traumatic events
- Body image concerns
- Sadness and anxiety
- Divorce and blended families
The Personal Counseling office is located in the Library Media Center where counselors are available Monday through Friday 8am-4:15pm. Parents and students may contact (916) 928-5353 ext.1105 to speak with a counselor and request an appointment or may complete a CounselorReferral Form located in the front office or Library Media Center. Caroline Hines can be contacted at [email protected] and Melinda Curtis at [email protected] Counseling sessions, by law, are confidential.