- Academic Programs
- School Information
- Business Services
- Contact Us
Natomas Charter School (NCS) was approved by the Natomas Unified School District Board of Trustees in the spring of 1993 and began operations in the fall of 1993. From the beginning, Natomas Charter School has sought to provide students and parents with expanded choices in the types of educational opportunities that are available within the public school system. The overall goal of the school's charter is to establish a variety of innovative educational programs that will accommodate its diverse student population. Natomas Charter School provides K-12 students the opportunity to develop unique interests, uncover hidden talents, experience satisfaction in accomplishments, gain a sense of responsibility, and pursue education as a way of life through educational programs tailored to their own specific needs.
Each unique program within the school has its own mission statement related directly to the student population it serves. However, all programs under the charter follow four guiding principles which serve as the philosophical foundation of the school:
- Students will be responsible, productive citizens of society.
- All participants in the school (adults and children alike) will show mutual respect.
- All involved with our school will have an awareness of and an appreciation for individuals, cultures and ethnicities as well as an understanding of the differences and similarities in all people.
- Adult-child relationships and opportunities will cross in mutually meaningful ways. All adults involved with the Charter School believe that all students can develop morally, ethically, intellectually, culturally, socially and emotionally to their fullest potential.
Additionally, all NCS Educational Programs have the following elements as established in the charter:
- High Academic Expectations
- Parental Involvement
- Community Involvement
- Active "Real-Life" Learning
- Differential Academic Plans
- Technology Emphasis